This has become one of my most favorite salads! Summer, winter, spring or fall, this seems to make it’s way onto my table regardless of the season. I was inspired to make this Kale and Mint salad by Alex at The Defined Dish. The best apart about it is how easy this recipe is to make. Alex makes a peanut vinaigrette, but I prefer to use almond butter in the dressing instead. The flavor of the mint add so much to this salad. Hope it becomes one of your favorites too and makes it’s way onto your table often!
- 1 bunch kale, washed, stem removed and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped mint
- 1/2 cup chopped salted cashews
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed and meat cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
For the dressing:
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a food processor or blender, combine all of the dressing ingredients and blend until smooth. Set aside.
Place finely chopped kale in a bowl. Add the rotisserie chicken, mint, cashews, and toasted sesame seeds. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to well to coat. Serve in individual bowls. Enjoy!