These Protein Power Balls are perfect for post-workout, or a mid afternoon snack when you need a little energy! All natural ingredients combine for the perfect healthy treat. They have no refined sugar, oil or flour and taste amazing! Dates are one of the main ingredients in these protein balls. They are a natural form of sugar and have many health benefits:
- They are anti-inflammatory and contain anti-oxidants that help fight disease!
- They help promote a healthy brain and prevent diseases associated, like Alzheimers and Parkinson’s.
- Despite the fact that they have a lot of natural sugar, they actually help control blood sugar. Dates are low on the glycemic index, which helps prevent spikes in insulin levels.
- They can help reduce blood pressure.
- They contain a healthy dose of potassium, which helps with bone mass.
- AND THEY TASTE DELICIOUS!
There are so many benefits from not only the dates, but all of the other yummy and healthy ingredients in these snacks. I rolled these protein balls in unsweetened shredded coconut but hemp seeds or cacao powder are 2 other great options. Hope you love them as much as we do!
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup almond flour
14-15 dates, pitted and soaked in hot water for 5 minutes to soften
1/2 cup sunflower butter, or other nut butter
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp cacao powder
1/4 cup hemp seeds
2 tbsp flaxseed meal
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp sea salt
Shredded coconut, raw cacao or hemp seeds for rolling
Mix all ingredients together in a food processor until the mixture starts to come together and form a ball. Remove from the food processor and start to roll into individual 1 inch balls. Roll in shredded coconut and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy!