Spring break is here and summer is just around the corner. But with our upcoming move, life seems more hectic for me then ever! It is too easy to get overwhelmed and stressed out. Here are some tips to keep us all sane and stress-free!
- Make a list! Sometimes the molehill can seem like a mountain when you look at everything together. It is much easier to face one task at a time, check it off your list, and move onto the next. Checking things off on your list is also fulfilling. You can see the progress you are making and put accomplished tasks behind you.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Life can be overwhelming and you may need to accept that fact that you are only one person and there are only 24 hours in a day. It is ok to reach out to your spouse, partner, friend or neighbor and ask them to help you. Remember, it takes a village!
- Take a deep breath! I can easily get myself all worked up by never stopping to smell the roses and going a million miles an hour. When you are feeing like you don’t have a second to breath, that is the most important time to stop and take a breath. 10 minutes of deep breathing or pausing to do a mindless activity, like a cross-word puzzle, will take the pressure off and help you to refocus.
- Don’t try to be everything to everyone! You are only one person and you can only get so much accomplished in a 24 hour period. It is OK to say “NO”! In fact, it is better to say no, then to say “YES” to everything and under deliver. Pick a few things that you are really interested in a dn know you can accomplish and go tackle them!
- Eat healthy and get some exercise! Exercise releases endorphins which make us feel happier, and eating well has the same effect. Sure, french fries and ice cream are great every once in a while, but overloading on junk food only leaves us without energy and feeling bad.
I am trying to take my own advice. Life is too short and too precious to let yourself get overwhelmed. Live life in balance and enjoy everyday!